Obtain Andorran residence, whether it is active residency or passive, grants a series of rights, among which is family reunification and/or the registration of your current vehicle in Andorra if it is less than 4 years old.
In addition, you can request the validation of your driving license from your country of origin to obtain the Andorran driving license. You can also buy a property in the country, have a bank account and of course, live and enjoy all the economic rights of Andorran citizens. One of the most interesting benefits is that you can also enjoy the Andorran Tax Rates, which is characterized by its low impact on the net income of its citizens.
Necessary requirements to obtain the active residence permit in Andorra
The active residence is focused on businessmen and entrepreneurs who create a company in Andorra. These will work more as CEO and administrators of the company created in Andorran territory.
But for this, it is necessary to meet all the following requirements:
- Submit a criminal record certificate without financial crimes or money laundering (essential and applicable in all cases).
- Also if you have more than 20% of the shares of a company created in Andorra or that you have acquired in Andorra or that is newly created.
- Or if you are linked to the administration of an Andorran company and work actively in it.
- You must be registered with the Andorran Social Security Fund, CASS.
- Living a minimum of 183 days a year in Andorra.
- Make a deposit of EUR 50,000 as a guarantee in the AFA, which is the regulatory element and the financial authority of the country.
Important: At the Andorran Administration, apart from all these requirements, you need to present documentation. You must present sufficient proof of your residence, through a property rental contract or if, on the contrary, you already own a property in Andorra. This property must be your usual residence.
Also, the Immigration Department of the Government of Andorra submits all those who apply for active residency to pass a medical examination.
All these requirements are necessary and mandatory to obtain the residence permit card in Andorra.
What documents do you need to apply for active residency in Andorra:
- Passport copy: Your passport must be valid. You must present your passport physically or by a legalized copy in your country of origin.
- Criminal Record Certificate: Submit the criminal record certificate from your current country of residence. But if you were born in a country other than the one that appears in your current residence, you will also need a criminal record certificate from your country of birth.
All foreign documents that are provided must be legalized and with an apostille from The Hague.